Hemp flower carries various benefits whether eating raw, extracting from or decarboxylation before adding to your favorite recipe.
It’s important you choose a good hemp flower for this recipe as it would be awful to have a pesto taste like some old swag you found in a shoebox. Hemp Pesto can be a flavorful add on to your pasta, paninis, pizzas and more. Hemp Pesto is also a great way to add CBD and other cannabinoids to your diet.
- 1/2 cup Hemp Decarboxylation
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup raw pine nuts
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 cup (packed) basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano (optional)
- Add the decarboxylated hemp flower, olive oil and lemon juice to your food processor.
- Toast the pine nuts and cashews in a skillet on medium low heat for 5 minutes, tossing gently. Then place them in your food processor to sit.
- Add all remaining pesto ingredients to your food processor, now pulse until the ingredients are mixed and voila. A wonderful Hemp Pesto.
Hemp Pesto is great to mix with many other recipes.